Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Wants or Needs

Hannatara

Technology has become an obsession for most people. People saying they need the new Iphone or need the new Macbook. When in reality they don't need it, they might not even want it. There has become this social pressure to always have the newest and the best stuff, where if you don't have the best stuff you are somehow worth less.

vhanhessa

Hi Hannatara. I completely agree with you. And I also think that this problem is accompanied by the limited useful life that companies give to electronic products. They should lengthen it. Also, in the case of mobile phones, we have the problem that in a relatively short period of time they become obsolete and many applications stop working.
We all have to become aware that we must change our lifestyle to guarantee the future of our children.
And we will succeed.
Sincerely,
Vanessa

LLambert-SJRState

Hello Hannatara, I wholeheartedly agree with your opinion. In our current society, being up to date with current technology has plagued individual opinion. People are so obsessed with being as up to date with technology as humanly possible. New devices and products are a huge status symbol and seen as an absolute necessity.

joseceron

Hello Hannatara, it's true that you are saying. In the new society, people needs technology for all of his life, but really they don't need it, it's just to be advanced but we don't need it as much as we think. Definitely, we have an obsession with technological objects. We need to reduce it to have a nice planet for our children.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer