Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

Clean development (power banks)

Finlay

I think one of the problems with solar and wind power is that its only available when its windy or sunny. This is what causes it to not make complete economic sense. However if we could develop a system of giant batteries that could be used as power banks so we could have a storage of power and electricity for when its not windy or sunny. This would make it possible to rely on just wind and solar power and completely cut out fossil fuels

AirForceOne

I totally agree with you, it's a great idea to store the electricity producted by a solar or wind system in batteries.

AirForceOne

*In addition to this, where I live, the weather is particularly sunny and windy therefore we can collect quite a few electricity. Unfortunately we can't store it.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer