Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

batteries

BAM_B00

we should really reduce the use of battery because it would pollute the soil and basicly make it unusable. sad

ohynh

Instead of reducing the amount of batteries. I suggest all battery brands to switch over to reusable batteries . All my batteries at home are reuse-able. Sure they may cost more than regular ones but, they last for years. How it works is once the battery is dead, you charge them and they are back to normal. I feel like reusable batteries are the way to go. Another question is, what if they die out and where do we dispose them. Not saying that brands will do this but, they could open shops were people can dispose the batteries for money and that will create a whole cycle of using the battery then it dies out then you dispose them at the shop for money.

Cassie-sjrstate

I like your idea of the battery disposal station. I also think there should be adjustments made that consider the byproduct of certain products and wether or not these creations need to even hit the market. People, firms and laws should take into consideration sustainability when trying to bring a new product to market.

Olivia.18

I agree we should stop using non reusable batteries. My family has also used rechargeable batteries and they are also more financially smart to buy

yungg

I agree that using batteries is not sustainable for the environment but the cost of just a 4 pack of rechargeable batteries can be expensive for most. I do use them but I end up losing them and or use normal ones again. Is there any other viable option for people who wouldn't necessarily use rechargeable batteries?

APhelan

I feel if more and more people start using the rechargeable batteries there would be less waste. Even if they are more expensive than the one use ones, you are still just buying them once until you really need to buy them again.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer