Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Environmental Justice (new topic, Feb 2021!)

Can we solve the climate crisis without confronting global inequities?

A recent study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA found that white residents in the USA produce more climate pollution than black or hispanic residents, but black and hispanic people are exposed to more air pollution.

And that is just the USA! Think about the global inequities in the "haves" and the "have nots".

And how are we going to lift people out of poverty without making the climate crisis even worse?

If you are a resident in a wealthy country, is it your responsibility to address both problems at once? And what would that look like in terms of national and international policy?

Environmental Justice >

Stop littering!

Fatimah

People should stop littering and throwing their junk such as plastic bags on the ground whenever they are done with the snack they just ate. They should rather stop being lazy and throw their waste in the trashbin. Saving the community from pollution by doing a simple act of consideration should not be too much of a hassle.

connor4412

I think we can all agree that littering is bad and I don't think anyone would disagree with out on that. I think that there a multiple causes of littering and pollution, but while the are related, they are kind of two different things. I think of littering as something like dropping a wrapper on the ground, and I think of pollution as a more serious and company controlled issue. So, I do agree with you, but I think that pollution is a little bit different.

Loic1234567890

I agree with you conner however I think it needs to be treated the same in order to truly stop it

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer