Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Environmental Justice (new topic, Feb 2021!)

Can we solve the climate crisis without confronting global inequities?

A recent study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA found that white residents in the USA produce more climate pollution than black or hispanic residents, but black and hispanic people are exposed to more air pollution.

And that is just the USA! Think about the global inequities in the "haves" and the "have nots".

And how are we going to lift people out of poverty without making the climate crisis even worse?

If you are a resident in a wealthy country, is it your responsibility to address both problems at once? And what would that look like in terms of national and international policy?

Environmental Justice >

Plastic recycling

MD5492

Instead of throwing your plastic away after the very first use, you could reuse it, like plastic water bottles, plastic containers, etc, and when you are done using them, you could recycle them and take them to a local plastic recycling place.

Julian Beck

I agree we should reuse plastic and recycle it when we cant anymore. Though I wonder how much of the plastic actually gets reused when we recycle it.

julieScience2

I agree. Also, I recognized as a German that more countries should start separating their trash. Most of people just throw everything together, but we should separate plastic, glass, and paper so we can reuse them.

triniti

Plastic recycling is so beneficial to our environment, in more ways than one. Recycling our plastic means we won’t have to keep filling up the landfills with plastic that could be reused and reduced.  Reducing our trash in the landfills also means, we reduce how much of it ends up in the oceans, streets, homes, etc. Being able to reuse the trash helps us with keeping out landfills and the environment even cleaner.
--Triniti Tikoi

HarryS

I believe that there should be more regulations on recycling certain products in order to have a reason for people to recycle instead of leaving trash and plastic on streets that eventually ends up in the ocean and ultimately killing innocent sea creatures.

Ariellee

I agree that if we are going to use plastic we should reuse it and then recycle it when it can't be used anymore, but it would be better to buy reusable containers/water bottles than plastic.

hanavresk1

I agree with you. I recycle trash at home. Plastic is a big problem for our environment. I try to reuse plastic because it takes a long time to dissapear, but I don't use plastic as much as I used to. I try to replace plastic items with cloth or paper ones. I also agree with the idea od buying more reusable containers than plastic.
Recycling is not difficult, it takes a very short time, but it helps the environment in a positive way.

irmacikac1

I agree. I think we should recycle and reuse plastic as much as possible. Also, it is important to recycle plastic at home too. We should reduce the use of plastic bags and water bottles by buying the reusable ones instead. That can also have a positive impact on the environment and sea animals.

bioprint

I totally agree, we need to reduce the amount of plastic in the world and that isn't possible if we are taking in more plastic every day. One of the solutions is recycling, but we could also use some other sources except plastics in every day life, we already have paper bags, we could maybe use glass bottles for milk and refill them, instead of buying new plastic packages of milk every time. Or maybe use paper packages for products that don't need to be wrapped in plastic.

vita barbir

We need to recycle in order to reduce the amount of waste we create and save natural resources like water and energy. By recycling, materials don't need to be produced anew, which means that the need for extracting new raw materials from nature is reduced, thus reducing our negative impact on the environment.

Elean0r

You would have to get rid of most plastic waste it would save money and the environment would be better off. Many people do not know that plastic not only harms animals and the enviroment, but also us humans. Everyone has plastic in their blood.

Lyasia._.

I agree with this statement. Recycling could be very positive to the earth and its many environments. The start of mass recycling could also help with dying animals such as see turtles. Not only is plastic dangerous but so are the bottle caps on the bottles. We should definitely invest in a recycling bin for our house. Take care of our earth!

You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer