Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused?

The ISCFC is all about reducing our individual and collective contributions to climate change.

But is climate change really happening? Is it mostly caused by human activity, including our production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?

In the United States and elsewhere, there are people who are not convinced by the science. But the great thing about science is that we use evidence to evaluate scientific questions. So what is the evidence related to climate change?

Are you or are you not convinced by the majority of climate scientists who say that climate change is real and largely human caused? Why are you convinced/not convinced? What evidence might change your mind one way or the other?

larisa.aa

Mainly, climate change is caused by the human race. We are causing all the problems that are destroying our planet, because we don t want to change to a healthy lifestyle and a more economical one.Some of us are too comfortable with the things that are happening in this world right now and it shows. Of course, there are some people that are self aware and that are trying to change for the better, but they are not enough.

gdog101

I agree with what you are saying, how do you suppose we fix this issue? To be specific what changes should we implement so that we can all reduce our carbon footprint. I was thinking composting could help. What are some other changes that may help reduce our carbon emissions?

I agree that we are the problem but the issue is just how hard it is for people to change it is very hard for people to give up what they love or what they want to do just to make the world a better place. Some people like doing charity and other do it from peer pressure.

Junior0987654321

Are you willing to give up these things yourself? Maybe we should expand this idea to people. We could cause a domino effect of the word going to one another or we can educate people on the topic. Another problem is the fact that some people know about this problem but don't care.

Gianna Sampath

I agree with your statement. Living a healthier and more economical lifestyle would be able to solve climate change for the most part from the human population. Living a healthier lifestyle could include using less electricity, eating and drinking less carbonated drinks and food, reducing, reusing, recycling, and emitting fewer gases into the air and polluting the oceans and air.

Dilshodbek

While individual impact does play a significant role in climate change, major corporations and governments have much more of an impact on climate change than just our lifestyles. I agree that we should all try to limit how much we consume, and try to reduce our own carbon emissions as much as realistically possible, but that's only one part of the problem. The other part of the problem is how little corporations and governments are doing to combat this. Fossil fuel usage is still growing according to visualcapitalist.com, despite that we have known the connections between carbon emissions and global warming for decades now. Awareness is not the issue with global warming, inaction is. We need to make it known to our governments and the corportations around us that we are holding them accountable for climate change, and we need to pressure them into making an effort, simply changing our lifestyles is not enough.

Shadowmoney

We are the problem. Ever since the use of factories when the industrial age started. A lot of people lie to themselves or act like it dosen´t exist when it actually do. All people can do is argue. I won´t lie I´m guilty for not caring of the earth. Even when I know climate change is real I still continue on what I´m doing. Theirs a chance I may never stop. I can´t be a hypocrite and say people are bad and what we need to start doing to make a change. What we can do is coming together even if later we won´t stop climate change. Let´s just get the message out that it is a real thing. One step at a time.

leonab08

Humans definitely are the main cause of climate change and are the only ones that can do something to fix it. Most components of climate change are caused by humans. This incudes things like CO2 emissions from transportation, the rise of global temperatures, and the large amount of ocean pollution. These things lead to the endangerment of species, melting ice caps, sea level rises, droughts, and much more. There are many things we can implement into our life. This can be anything from turning your lights off at your house to switching to a vegan diet. If we don’t take action now, there will be consequences.

Lilslay

Many people would love to blame climate change on earth running its course and argue that our planet is always changing and this is just its part of the cycle. But, in the past when the earths climate is changing it usually takes thousands of years. But in the past couple hundred our climate has rapidly started to decline. And we can see the signs, temperature change, whole habitats/environments being ruined, time after time we are being reminded that things are changing. Major things we need like the Gulf Stream are being wrecked.but, if we can’t even get everyone to acknowledge that it even exists then making changes is difficult.

FreddyMay

I do agree with this because climate change happens, but we are just boosting it with the amount of emissions we emit, and I think we could find solutions in things such as more composting, finding cleaner ways to produce energy, cleaner ways of transportation, and cleaner ways to dispose of waste

Hello2u

Yes, I completely agree with you. Humans are fully the problem. Some people might argue that it is in fact not real, or caused my certain types of animals, however it is humans who are mass producing these animals and feeding them chemicals. Climate change is real. To fix the issue, the government needs to become more envolved, and ready to take action. We need to work together to lower everyone’s carbon emissions levels, and plant trees. We are doing things right now to lower this, however it isn’t enough. We need to work together to come to conclusions about this issue, and take action ASAP.

11 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer