Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Think Big

Now that we see what our collective and personal impact is on the planet, let's think big!

What big and bold ideas do you have for reducing personal, community, country and even global carbon footprints?

Use this space to develop and discuss your big ideas! Who knows- maybe one of these ideas can be the next key solution to the global climate challenge!

Think Big >

How to decrease your Carbon Footprint?

Mahsa

Here are some lists of things you could do to decrease your Carbon Footprint:
1. Shorter showers may make a big difference.
2. Unplug the thing you dont's use
3. Switch to LED lightbulbs. This can save up to 90% of your energy costs!
4. Fix those leaky faucets.
5. Walk or bike when possible.
6. Fly less.
These were some examples but there are many ways to decrease your Carbon Footprint!

Marco Araujo

In my opinion the best/easiest way to reduce your carbon footprint is to walk/bike more. It is a very easy thing to and it saves you. from polluting a lot of C02. Also, an easy way to reduce your carbon footprint is to stop buying snacks with single use plastics. If you don't shop for your self then just ask your parents to stop buying them. If it's a must get item then say this. For instance, Fishy crackers come in 2 ways. 1 comes in individual packets while the other one has a lot of them in one singular bag. It's a little thing but it makes a difference.

kyeisthatguy

I believe that the best way to decrease your carbon footprint is to drive less, wear more clothes instead of turning your heat on, and carpool more. We can decrease our carbon footprint by telling your friends or family to follow in your footsteps to do better for the world. Making these actions habits can maybe help our world out in the future. One step at a time

HenryF222

Other than carpooling, biking, walking, and using public transport more, another easy thing to do to decrease carbon footprint is to use less house warming or cooling, and instead use blankets or wear more clothing. Another thing that me and my family have started dpoing is remembering to turn off lights in our house whenever we go out, and even when we are not in that room. Also reusing plastic bags and tupperware. There are so many products that come in mutiple small plastic bags that are such a waste when we could reuse things, or just not over package products.

Levi booker

I believe that the best way to decrease your carbon footprint is to drive less, wear more clothes instead of turning your heat on, and carpool more. We can decrease our carbon footprint by telling your friends or family to follow in your footsteps to do better for the world. Making these actions habits can maybe help our world out in the future.

abraBOD

BTW: You can't Fly ?

tathBOD

some other ways you can decrease your carbon footprint is:
1. put a bucket in your shower to catch extra water and use that water to water your plants
2. take fewer flights or with fewer layovers
3. carpool or ride a bike if you don't have an electric car
4. use blankets or jackets so that you don't use as much heat
5. turn light of when you leave a room and un plug your computer and other things when they are done charging

7 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer