Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused?

The ISCFC is all about reducing our individual and collective contributions to climate change.

But is climate change really happening? Is it mostly caused by human activity, including our production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?

In the United States and elsewhere, there are people who are not convinced by the science. But the great thing about science is that we use evidence to evaluate scientific questions. So what is the evidence related to climate change?

Are you or are you not convinced by the majority of climate scientists who say that climate change is real and largely human caused? Why are you convinced/not convinced? What evidence might change your mind one way or the other?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused? >

Countries more at risk and less at risk of climate change.

AleMaf

The pollution is increasing more and more, as well as the temperature of Earth's atmosphere. My thought is that we need to dramatically change our behavior, otherwise we will find ourselves in an extremely ruined and therefore uninhabitable world in the future. We are ruining our planet, and leaving a world in very bad condition to our descendants and future generations.
I attach an image about the countries most likely to survive and with less, in the future if the situation doesn’t change.

mondo.jpg

L.Gonzalez-SJR

The reason why the African region is at risk, is because do to terrible governments and war. I saw a documentary about the DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo). Are cellphones are made up of a material call Coltan it's a metallic ore it's only found in the soil in the Congo rainforest. The deforestation in that country is terrible, two weeks ago I did an assignment about elephant ivory how it's solid in the black market. If you want to know why poachers are doing this is to finance conflicts and wars. Elephants are now an endangered species and that is not good. Elephants eat plants that are toxic to humans and some of those plats resale carbon  and if they are extinct that is not good. right now the African regions need to find a solution to their ecological deficit.

Cnewton2005

It’s not surprising that Greenland is very green on this chart. They seem to be very good at staying eco-friendly and keeping their environment clean. On the other hand, I am very surprised that the United States is as green as it is. I was expecting it to be in the red because we don’t seem to care about our environment that much.

BenjaminT.sjr

I totally agree with your post. I think we can all be more responsible with how we use energy, water, and other things. These things need to change in order to help the next generation be able to live in a safe environment. I also believe that it is the more developed to help the less developed countries be better with how they use their energy and other things. Overall I totally agree with your post and that we need to do a better job in energy conservation.

P. Montenegro-SJR

I won't lie I'm surprised at the amount of green in this chart, though it seems it's the smaller countries who will suffer the most. There's no time like the present for action, if we don't get the ball rolling then by the time it does it may be too late. What you said about ruining our planet for future generations is too true, guess it's on our shoulder's now to do what the last generation couldn't.

Brayden - sjrstate

It is very intriguing and hopeful when I see countries like the USA and other western countries so green although often we are under the assumption that we do a very poor job at protecting the environment. Although we definitely could do a much better job, compared to the continent of Africa it is discouraging to see how poor they are at protecting their environment.

zoeym-sjrstate

These statistics are actually very shocking to me. I really expected the more industrialized nations like the U.S., Russia, and the European countries to be way more at risk. I am not at all surprised that Greenland is very low risk. They seem to be doing a lot to limit carbon emissions and stay eco-friendly. However I am most surprised with the amount of green on the map and with Australia being in the same category as Greenland. I feel like I don't hear a lot about Australia doing much for the environment.

AnnaK-sjr

Hi! I completely agree with your post and found it to be very interesting. With the chart you've attached to your post I was very surprised to see America in the green. We seem to be such a wasteful and careless country when it comes to the environment and protecting it. We don't have programs in place(or at least very many widely successful) to be preventive or reactive to environmental harm we see and experience. I however was not surprised to see places like Switzerland in the green.I just completed a project on how environmentally aware Switzerland is and all the efforts they are taking to be conscious of the carbon footprint they are leaving on the world.

24ruiz0543

I agree with this post, something I found pretty surprising was the amount of green and how much there actually was. Especially in the United States. I know that we aren't super terrible when it comes to pollution, but I honestly thought we would at least be in the yellow.

Brian Pacman

Yes, I agree with this post as with the amount of pollution in the earth increasing the chart that was attached to your post was very insightful. As most of these countries that are more likely to be affected by climate change are countries with very horrible living conditions because of their governments status or economy in that country. But there are exceptions such as countries that mostly used for manufacturing or deforestation to supply the countries that are not at risk of climate change. Because of this I hope that instead of a few countries being targeted or concentrated to destroy themselves to be more susceptible to climate change it can regulated to a point that the pollution of the that one country be separated to other parts of the world so it would barely hurt countries collectively instead of damaging one country completely. On the other hand those other small countries that are being hindered by politics and just very bad living conditions should be more inclined to get help from other countries. As with this support we can help these less favorable countries to stand on their feet once again and participate into reducing the worlds pollution which would not only help this generation but also stabilize and secure a future for future generations for any person around the world. Which this inevitable outcome if handled correctly was already stated by this post.

10 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer