Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

hydrogen and renewables

Ciccio15

I think that if a large community used wind andsolar, we could reduce carbon emissions. We can convert this to hydrogen, use it to store energy, move transport and heat. Hydrogen has three time energy respect petrol! Every year we spend money using fossil fuels instead of investing in renewables.

Lettuce

I thoroughly agree with your viewpoint. We will gain in the long run if we invest in renewable energy, such as solar or wind power, because we will not only protect the environment, but we will also have the potential to save money. Furthermore, if everyone considered the long-term use of renewable energy, we may have a stable environment and carbon cycle.

ZagaBOD

I also agree with this perspective, implementing policies and laws that restrict the use of fossil fuels could significantly benefit the environment. This has already begun to be implemented in the law but needs to continue, for example Fossil fuel reductions in federal buildings are required by the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (according to https://www.npr.org/2023/04/10/11646521 … 20levels.). If we were able to restrict the use of fossil fuels that emit harmful emissions, it would have a greater impact than individual improvement. When this becomes a requirement we will begin to see significant change.

AdrielC

I also agree with your stance on renewable energy. Using renewable energy instead of fossil fuels can be more efficient and better for the environment. The only drawback is that renewable energy sources usually take up more land than fossil fuel sites. However, in the long run, I believe that renewable energy will be able to stabilize the carbon cycle and ultimately help stop global warming.

chardastar

I agree that wind, solar, and other forms of renewable energy are extremely important to make an impact in the fight against climate change. These solutions are some of greatest tools, because not only do they help the environment, but they can also provide jobs and other economic incentives. Personally, most of the reduction in emissions from my country, America, has been due to the implementation and usage of solar and wind!

5 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer