Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Think Big

Now that we see what our collective and personal impact is on the planet, let's think big!

What big and bold ideas do you have for reducing personal, community, country and even global carbon footprints?

Use this space to develop and discuss your big ideas! Who knows- maybe one of these ideas can be the next key solution to the global climate challenge!

Think Big >

You can make a change

ARocchetta

I feel that everyone can make a change and should try. You can help save the environment by doing the little things like turning off the lights in a room when you leave or turning off the water when you don't need it for example, when brushing your teeth turn the water off and when doing the dishes use a bowl of water instead of leaving it on. Also, you can carpool, which will also help with CO2 emissions. These little things might not seem like a lot but if everyone does it, there will be a change.

Hayden Fernandez

I agree everyone can do these things and they take little effort but make huge difference.

Kinsey S

I agree that all the little things can make a bigger impact if everyone does it. However, we still need to talk about the actual bigger and more complex issues. Such as deforestation and burning fossil fuel. These Big corporations and manufactures are creating a bigger impact on the planet then you can ever make in your life. Each year approximately 12 million hectares of forest are destroyed. Deforestation is responsible for roughly a quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions.And the burning of fossil fuels is the main cause of green house gases world wide.
https://www.un.org/en/climatechange/sci … ate-change

chardastar

I agree that we can all individually contribute to the fight against climate change through our own actions and choices, however, there is only so much we can control. Unfortunately, no matter how many times an individual turns off the water while brushing their teeth, or engages in another environmentally friendly individual action, it cannot offset the damage done by large corporations. That is not to say that one should give up and not try at all- any water saved, cup recycled, distance walked, shirt thrifted, etc. is a triumph, but it simply does not have a large enough impact to make a very tangible difference against climate change. That impact must come from climate change policy! So advocate!

kierstins_roach

I agree. Sometimes we cannot help ourselves when practicing everyday activities, such as monitoring our shower duration, or how many times we use our dishwashers in a day. This isn't our fault, we are just doing this so we can help ourselves. Although, if we do slow practices, I do believe that we can help out or climate, even if it's just a little bit.

Malachi24

I fully agree with that any and everyone can change the would. I agree because even though you aren’t in control of everything you can control what's in your control. What I mean is this is that you can use cold water once in awhile instead of hot. You could stop the the water after you get the water you need on your toothbrush. There are many more things you can do for the world and you should.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer