Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Sustainable City

ARocchetta

If i were a mayor for a city the first thing I would do is to stop making gas cars and encourage people to use electric cars. This would bring down co2 emissions and would help out the cities footprint. Another thing I would do is make public transfer cheaper so, people will use it more. Also, there will be public accessible bikes that will be free. I would build more vegan and vegetarian restaurants to encourage people to try a plant base diet.

AdrianVisnjic

Everyone is talking about the bad influence of gas cars on our environment but nobody does much about it. People who have great political power could do much about it, for example, try to lower the prices of electric cars and give people cash incentives because many people can't afford them. There are also many problems with the public transfer, but also many solutions. I think that we should make some changes in the public transfer so more people would use it. I don't have the best experience with it in my city so I don't find it strange that some people don't want to use it. It would also be good if cities were better suited for cyclists and other sustainable vehicles. It would be difficult to get many people to try a plant-based diet, so better, more sustainable ways of raising food animals would need to be developed.

EmmcBOD

In addition to producing electric cars, they should make electric public transportation. I take the bus to and from school 5 days a week, and although it is better than individual driving, it still emits a lot of greenhouse gasses. Because electric vehicles do not rely on fossil fuels for power they do not emit carbon dioxide which helps reduce air pollution. Electricity has many ways of being naturally produced such as solar panels and windmills. As opposed to gases made from pulling fossil fuels from the ground.
https://www.samsara.com/guides/how-are- … vironment/

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer