Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

want or needs

kevv

in my opinion having the latest phone or having the latest car it's very useles if the one you have still work,because of two reason,the fist one is a waste of money,the second reason,increases the garbage in turn increase the pollution,so we need to stop this.

BH08

I almost completely agree with your statement focused on phones; one doesn’t need to get a new phone every time a new one comes out, but cars deteriorate much faster than a mobile phone, and are much more beneficial to a person. This doesn’t mean that you should buy a new car every time you desire one, but keeping your car up to date is very important.

Raya L.

Cars only deteriorate if you don’t take good care of them. Both of my parents cars are from the early 2000s, and mine is from 1990. While they do have some issues that need occasional maintenance, for the most part they work just fine. It’s true that older cars don’t get very good fuel efficiency, but some of this is offset by keeping all of the materials from an old car out of a landfill, and not consuming new products. The same is true for things like home appliances, technology and other resorces in our daily life. As the saying (almost) goes: “If it’s not broken, don’t buy a new one”!

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer