Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

sustainable city

kevv

in my town we can't reduce so much the consuption of fossil fuel,because we don't live in a big city where there are busses every 5 mins so we need to use our car to do or go everywhere,if the busses arrive every 10-15 mins i guess it will reduce so much. what can we do? can modern tecnology help and how?

Aaca

Hello Kevv, I think something that you and your community could do is ride bikes or any vehicle that does not use fossil fuels to get around so it does not produce fossil fuels that affects our earth in a negative way. Riding a bike also can reduce traffic. Stacking  cars in traffic are bad for the environment, so less cars on the road means a healthier earth. Someone riding a bike can go 960 miles on the amount of energy that goes into moving a car 20 miles. This will help reduce your problem in your community.

https://www.umt.edu/transportation/bike … 20%20miles.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer