Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Carbon footprint

ASwhitby

I could do a challenge in our school to see who has the least amount of carbon dioxide every month and the winner can win a prize or something and that can motivate people to help the environment. I’m going to try to eat less beef at home with my family because beef can cause global warming because the cows fart and the methane that they produce traps heat.

ennwhitby

Good idea, but how would we track how much carbon dioxide people emit, because people can just hack the system

mvwhitby

That is a good idea

Jasper H

I think this is a good idea that should happen between schools across the county. I also think that it could be hard to set up because different towns might not want to set an event up like that which could cause difficulties between the goal of trying to have a challenge that has to do with carbon footprint in different places around the country. But overall I think this a great idea that should be spread across the country and you should start to set up a program with people in your school to see what you can do in your town/city.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer