Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Student Footprints: What I will do

iewhitby

The changes that I would make in order to lower my carbon footprint are eating less red meat (cow meat specifically) and all animal products in general such as lamb, pig, fish, eggs,etc. Plus, all those food products being delivered to the supermarket is probably done by truck which brings even more CO2 into the atmosphere. Because  of this issue, I will eat more organic and try to go to the supermarket only two times a month.  Plus, I travel a lot through plane to see relatives but also for trips that aren’t necessary. I could not gone on this trip and just stay in the same place for a long time which is much healthier. Another thing I can lower is driving less by car to go to places such as the supermarket or my friend’s. Instead, I could ride a bike which is much more healthy for the environment. Plus, you get exercise.

mvwhitby

I agree

slwhitby

I agree as well

0liver

Hello! I am a high school student in maine. I am towards the end of the process to getting my pilots license. For that reason I fly a plane a lot! Well it may be fun and practical later in life I feel guilty when I’m flying. I calculated the CO2 emissions of the airplane I fly and it is quite high, I have flow about 20 times in the past year. Because of all the factors I’m very interested in finding and new “greener” way for airplanes. It might be sustainable fuel or electric planes. I am open to any alternatives. Another reason why we need alternative aviation fuel is that the current fuel used is leaded and that is not good at all. Airlines such as jet blue have already switched to use a mixture of alternate fuel and regular jet A.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer