Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Every year I get new gear for sports, or new clothing.

LiamDL

I often get new gear for sports, and new clothing like jerseys and such because it can help my game but it is also fun. I never really think about how much I am actually buying. Some of these things I actually need, like for baseball I can’t really play without a bat, but do I really need 2 bats, glove oil, 2 pairs of batting gloves, 2 pairs of pants, probably not. A large part of baseball is what you wear, like cool sunglasses, and eye black, but you don’t always need the excessive full face of eye black, although it is pretty cool.  I am going to try to reuse what I have for as long as I can, and maybe get used gear from other people. While some new gear is necessary, I will definitely try and take a new perspective and be more aware of what I am buying and how much I am buying.

MickeyN

I just responded to a discussion just like this, and I couldn’t agree more, I’ve noticed a new store where I live that sells old sporting equipment for better prices, and its getting reused, I am sure there are many types of these stores around the globe. In some ways it’s hard to play on teams with only one pair of pants or things like that since you are usually forced to buy a uniform for said team, I am not saying I agree with this system and maybe that is another way we can help.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer