Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Lacrosse gear

Liam andersen

I’ve been playing lacrosse since 2nd grade, but i starting consistently playing in 7th grade. Lacrosse is a really fun sport for me and it’s a good thing to look forward too In the cold season. Lacrosse is a very expensive sport, and a lot of gear is needed. Every year I always break something I have and need to get new stuff. I think that a smart approach for the next time I get gear would be to get it slightly used to help reuse things, when I’ll Probably end up breaking them inevitably. I will especially use this once I get to old for my parents to have to keep buying my equipment, so I can save money

HDIZZLE

Hey Liam, I agree with your thoughts about wanting to cut down on gear. Personally, I don't play lacrosse, but I have similar feelings about the gear that I play in for hockey. I have played hockey ever since I can remember and it is a big commitment in terms of cost to play, and the gear it takes. Over the years I have tried to find the best gear I can used, but sometimes that is just not an option. For specific equipment that I need to buy new I try to use it until it can't be used anymore, this is unfortunate because then people cannot use my gear after me. I wish that that there was an alternative to make more eco friendly gear that would be able to decompose or be recycled once its life is up. I think that while using used gear is definitely a good solution to bring new life to somebody's old gear, I wish that there was a solution after the gear has been reused. With the phrase reduce, reuse, recycle, gear is missing the recycle component.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer