Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Plants

ABBY ST

Have larger amounts of plants

ABBY ST

In cities there is a severe lack of plants and areas such as parks so I think that it would be beyond valuable if more plants were to either be implemented on the buildings exterior or if they were to create more spots where plant life can thrive.

Lucianahall

I agree, people are so focused on building new structures instead of repurposing run-down or abandoned sites. If we stopped destroying our plant life and hold off on creating new places our earth would be so much greener.

Morgan432

I completely agree. The community is so focused on making new buildings, putting in housing, constructing more roads/highways, etc, that they don’t include parks in that list. I believe that constructing community parks is crucial because it allows the community a chance to help out by planting things in gardens, enjoy the fresh air, and provide a gathering space for clubs, companies, etc., even in a gazebo. People disregard the outdoors because they are preoccupied with the interior world.

MannyMosheyev

I agree as well. Adding more parks, trees, and plants to cities could have many benefits, many of which are already listed. By having more nature mixed in with cities, it would make the cities be much more friendly to the environment, as well as animals. It could definitely improve air quality, and it would overall make the city more balanced, eco friendly, and much more beautiful and inviting in general.

Madison.Libby

I completely agree with you! Having more plants in cities and towns can have a positive impact on the environment, such as reducing air pollution and providing habitat for wildlife. You are completely right about people shining more light on infrastructure rather than the plants and earth quality, but I think that even if people started taking action on planting more trees and other things of the sort, people may not stop littering. It’s important for individuals to take responsibility for their actions and dispose of waste properly to maintain a clean and healthy environment, before trying to make it better. Despite this challenge, I do believe that the benefits of having more plants in our communities outweigh the potential drawbacks.

6 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer