Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Clothes

Grahameggena

In the past, I never thought about how purchasing brand new clothes could take an negative impact more than just my money, now I want more clothes than ever, but I make sure it is only affecting my spendings account. The answer is buying used clothes. Used clothes are a great way to save money and save our earth. Not only are they significantly cheaper and more eco friendly, but I think they also look better. There are also many easy places to buy them. You can get them off of goodwill, eBay, family, thrifting and more. You can help save the Earth while saving money and having better clothes so why wouldn’t you get things used?

Olivia McManus

Hey, I agree with your points. I never realized how bad buying new clothes in store are, so I want to start buying used clothes. Used clothes are a wonderful alternative to recycle old clothes that will benefit our planet. I mean not only is it saving the planet, but it is a cool concept how they are more original clothes from different decades. If you wanted to buy a specific pair of shoes or clothes there are online thrifting stores where you can search for specific things. Not only is it an effective way of getting new clothes, but it is a simple way to sell your old clothes and get money for it. Overall this is an idea that you must look further into.

Eulalie

Hey, I agree too with both of your opinions.  Regarding compulsive buyers there are other alternatives to manage our need to buy.  Indeed, we can satisfy our need for shopping by creating our own clothes using sewing!  A very good alternative that will allow you both to stand out from others but also to reduce consumption in industries like Zara that must be boycotted: we must support the planet but also human rights (think of the Uyghurs).

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer