Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Wants or Needs

Kaya bournival

“Want or need?” Anytime I go clothing shopping, whether online or in person, that question crosses my mind. As a teenager, it’s hard not to follow what’s trending… and trust me trends come and go very quickly. This brings up the topic of fast fashion, which is just what it sounds like. Often many teens find themselves buying from a fast fashion business just due to the fact of how cheap it is. Although, if your concerns when it comes to clothing shopping relate to price, used clothing is a great alternative. Used clothing is not only cheap, but very sustainable. Although at the time you may really want something, you may only wear it one time and then toss it out and move on to the next trend.

JacobT

I completely agree with your statement. As teenagers we can see things while shopping, looking online, from commercials, etc. We have to  find the line between buying something because we want it, because it looks cool, or it’s super fun. We can ask ourselves “do I need this?”, because we could reduce emissions by not spending money on clothes or electronics that we don’t need.

Flynnlilly24

I wholeheartedly agree. The media has made us believe that the newest and most expensive clothes are the most fashionable and “coolest”. We should begin to ask ourselves when we make purchases wether our not you in five years would think that this purchase is necessary, or even if you will still have it. By buying timeless pieces of clothing we can cut down on our carbon footprint and our wallets.

BrianaF

i 100% agree because we young adult see stuff on social media that is trending so now we have to get it and when the trend dies you left with something that was completely useless.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer