Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My and my family's footprint

JanaP

On the spectrum of footprints, I would say that my family's footprint is somewhere in the middle. We have some healthy habbits, such as recycling and turning off lights and water when we are not using them. We compost all of our scrap food and make a conscious effort to eat locally and organically.  We also practice small sustainable habbits such as using reusable bags, we donate our old clothes, and we buy clothes made of natural materials such as cotton. Though we are aware of our carbon footprint and make efforts to reduce it, we also frequently travel. My grandparents live far away and we visit them at least once a year. In the past year we traveled well over 5000 kms. We also travel quite frequently on the weekends for my basketball games. Our traveling habbit plays a significant role in raising our carbon footprint which is something I would like to work on improving.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer