Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Corporate responsibility (new topic, Sep 2021!)

How much responsibility do corporations have for the climate crisis and for stepping up with solutions?

Here at the ISCFC we are committed to promoting personal, community, national and planetary solutions to reduce our environmental impacts and boldly confront the climate crisis. But as individuals, we can feel powerless when there are huge corporations -such as the fossil fuel industry and factory farms– that are disproportionately responsible for carbon emissions of the past and the present.

What should we do about this? Do you agree that corporations should do more? And if so, what does that mean exactly? How do we persuade or impel polluting industries to change their ways?

Corporate responsibility >

British petroleum

StefanL

I was wondering how did the term carbon footprint became popularised and with a short google search i found out that the second largest non-state owned company hired public relations professionals to help them promote the idea of carbon footprint as to shift the blame of worsening the state of our planet from the big oil companies and corporations to the individuals. Let’s be honest here, I don’t think any of our efforts to take showers under 5 minutes will compensate for the deepwater horizon oil spill caused by British petroleum which is considered to be the largest environmental disaster in world history.
As a solution, I think we should be presented with alternatives for oil with which we can replace it in our daily lives as to force these companies to stop extracting it.

Florea

You have a point of wiew , but i have to admit that your point of wiew is more on something you can not get rid of, but all we can do  is reduce our daily usages .

StefanL

but as long as we dont force change into the industry we wont be able to start using more eco friendly fuel because we will not have the option to

Florea

This is a different scenario , in order to make a change we have to do progress in our own lifes then start criticising the great companies . Im not saying that your point of wiew is wrong , but you have to see more possibilities

StefanL

there is only one scenario, the destruction of our world which is coming rapidly and we should begin changing the things that influence this scenario in the biggest fashion.

Florea

Your name is Stefan L lmao

StefanL

irrelevant

7 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer