Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My carbon footprint

Andreea Varasteanu

After I finished calculating my carbon footprint I found out the results are way above the average. Before taking this test I didn't even know of the existence of a carbon footprint but it made me realize that I need to quickly change some habits of mine that will help reduce the results.
Firstly, I think I can lower the heat a little when it is cold because I don't need that high of a temperature to feel comfortable.
Secondly, I should decrease the time spent taking showers and baths. Although it is relaxing it is not necessary to waste that much water just to have the same outcome.
In conclusion I think everybody should be aware of their carbon footprint and should take action in reducing it because the only way we can make changes is if we act together.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer