Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My carbon footprint

Alexia Nica

My carbon footprint is 3.344 kgs and it was one of the lowest in the class, and in the following lines I will give you some examples of good practices. First of all, I live in the country, a few km from the city, and in recent years my parents have won several projects with European funding through the "Green House" program, which has brought us almost absolute energy independence. At the moment we have a series of photovoltaic panels that provide the house's electricity and another system of solar panels that heat the water used.Lighting based on LEDs, designing the house in such a way as to have access to natural light and to eliminate consumption also reduced my family's carbon footprint. Also, having a large garden, most of the food consumed in the family comes from organic sources, another plus of my family. Analyzing the less pleasant part, the trips to high school by car every morning and the buying of unnecessary clothes or other objects that I don't use, should decrease.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer