Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Environmental Justice (new topic, Feb 2021!)

Can we solve the climate crisis without confronting global inequities?

A recent study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA found that white residents in the USA produce more climate pollution than black or hispanic residents, but black and hispanic people are exposed to more air pollution.

And that is just the USA! Think about the global inequities in the "haves" and the "have nots".

And how are we going to lift people out of poverty without making the climate crisis even worse?

If you are a resident in a wealthy country, is it your responsibility to address both problems at once? And what would that look like in terms of national and international policy?

Environmental Justice >

Environmental justice

AndreeaAndreea

When the results of the test came out I remembered myself again how eco-friendly me and my family is and how our community does not have the suitable conditions for an eco city. Scrolling through people's messages on the platform I remember the global problem every year thousand of shipping containers fill with recyclable wastes are exported by well the countries to developing countries this is because it is typically typically cheaper to export waste rather than develop local recycling infrastructures plastic waste or e-waste go legally or illegally each year to Asian or African countries. Est European countries are dumped with garbage from other european countries. Transporting garbage it is useful for some and not for others. It's theoretically and practically normal for developed countries to produce more CO2 and participate more in global warming because if their big corporations but I think they have to recycle their own garbage. The garbage that is illegally brought destroys the ecosystem,the waters ,the animals. Laws have changed but there is still ilegally brought waste. They continue their lives , do not develop enough their own  recycling centres and let some garbage to undeveloped countries.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer