Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

wants or needs

Ana Maria br

My carbon footprint was worth 4,246 kgs, below the average of 4,570 kgs, mostly because i really don t use public transportation at all. I live in a small town and I decided that it is useless to use the car or the bus to transport myself from one point of the city to another. Every time you go for a drive, pollution is emitted directly into the air which causes significant risks for your health, especially for people who live near busy roads, and for the environment. You see it every time that smoke billows from your car's exhaust pipe, and from all the different forms of transportation we rely on to get around and to move goods around the planet — vehicles are a major contributor to air pollution. Cars emit carbon monoxide when fuel is burned. Breathing air with a high concentration of CO affects critical organs like your heart and brain. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, as much as 95 percent of all CO emissions in cities may come from motor vehicle exhaust. Do we really need so many cars in our contry? can't we find a healthier alternative to move?

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer