Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

Expensive clothing

Razvannnn

I belive that spending money on expensive clothes is often unnecessary and wasteful. The fashion industry encourages us to constantly update our wardrobes with the latest trends, leading to overconsumption and environmental harm. In addition, the production of high-end fashion often involves unethical labor practices, including low wages and poor working conditions for workers in developing countries. Instead of investing in expensive clothes, we can prioritize sustainable and ethical consumption by choosing high-quality, durable clothing made from sustainable materials and produced under fair labor conditions. By consuming less and choosing products that are mindful of the environment and people, we can make a positive impact on the world around us.

AdrianVisnjic

In the last few years, the industry has grown rapidly and so has its impact on the environment. Manufacturers and sellers covertly create great pressure on human society, which therefore has an increasing desire to buy things, especially among uninformed individuals or groups of people. I don't think that just buying expensive clothes is a big problem. Fast fashion makes even bigger problems, it's an industry that has one of the biggest impacts on the environment. Huge quantities of poor-quality clothes are produced which wear out quickly. We should pay more attention to second-hand stores. Recycling old clothes would be very useful, especially if these clothes were sold more often in big stores.

M.V.

I find your post relatively relateable. However, the companies that produce expensive clothing have thousands of workers such as designers, managers and many others not including the production workers that are undeniably underpaid. If everyone stopped buying their type of products, it could lead to financial crisis and millions of people losing their job. Therefore, the companies have to make some type of profit to be able to pay the workers (some more than others) and to make the company bigger, better, more recognisable, wealthier etc. That is the reason clothes are way more expensive than the materials they are produced of. Hopefully the companies realise the polution in the world and dicide to make a change in the choice of materials, production... Of course I agree that the payment should be somewhat similar for all workers of the fashion industry.

chien

Many people enjoy spending money on more luxurious items such as clothing. I believe these people help our economy by spending money on these "over-priced" items.

Isaac Lin

I completely agree as expensive clothes produce a lot of carbon emission from transportation. In addition, they are produced in factories and the companies exploit child labor. Some clothes are not very expensive but they don't produce a lot of carbon emission.

5 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer