Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

Why should we clean our environment?

Ayumi S

Small trashes on the street can cause a big problem! When you throw trashes anywhere, you might cause garbage pollution. Garbage pollution arises when the waste collected in dumping sites keeps rotting, spreading odour and cause air pollution in the surrounding areas. (https://infinitylearn.com/surge/english … pollution/) Air pollution is affective which will damage Earth. The temperature will also increase and the ices in North and south Antarctica melts. I don’t think any one of us want that……so the best diction is to clean our environment! We can start with cleaning inside our classroom and our house. Then, we can start not to throw garbages anywhere we want to. Hope we can make it different! I hope you also read mine post!!!!!!!!!

Ayumi S

Typo: my

EmmaBOD

I agree with you, however I think that simply disposing of waste is not the solution, and instead we should work to promote reuse and recycling. First of all, when we remove trash from classrooms and homes, we put it into garbage bins, it does not disappear when this happens. A problem that arises from this is where the trash will eventually end up, which is ultimately landfills. These landfills are terrible for the environment, and have a very negative effect on the people and communities surrounding the dump. I think a better solution is to promote reuse of trash and finding new ways to use old products. While cleaning out trash from our communities is important, I also believe it is paramount we find a way to reuse the dwindling supplies that we depend on.
Source: https://www.colorado.edu/ecenter/2021/0 … controlled.

Yoscelyn

I do agree with you but I think recycling would have a better impact. When we pick up trash off the ground we help out the environment but the trash will end up in landfills which also have a negative impact on the environment.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer