Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Environmental Justice (new topic, Feb 2021!)

Can we solve the climate crisis without confronting global inequities?

A recent study in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA found that white residents in the USA produce more climate pollution than black or hispanic residents, but black and hispanic people are exposed to more air pollution.

And that is just the USA! Think about the global inequities in the "haves" and the "have nots".

And how are we going to lift people out of poverty without making the climate crisis even worse?

If you are a resident in a wealthy country, is it your responsibility to address both problems at once? And what would that look like in terms of national and international policy?

Environmental Justice >

Ocean Conservation

Ever since I was little it would always amaze me how careless people could be; throwing their junk into the ocean. Don't they know there are living creatures living there? But let's be honest we have all made mistakes before this however cannot be an excuse to keep on repeating the same ones. We as of right now must stand up for our oceans. Turtles suffocating on plastic bags and sharks getting trapped in old fishing nets are just not right. Why do we have to be so cruel when they did nothing wrong? Hope is still not lost, we can change. But all it takes is a step, a step that everyone can make, a step that can be so powerful it can change millions of lives underwater. So please next time you feel an urge to throw your trash on the ground, remember the animals you will be hurting, the ecosystem that is slowly declining.

zacab

yes i agree with your opinion because when i go surfing i can see a lot of trash and it didn't make me feel good. I can't understand why can't people make an effort to throw trash in the trashcan. I thought that with the new technology we would have better lives in 2023.

Maryam09

I also think that we have to help save our planet through not polluting our precious oceans. We have to live together with our animals and not against them. We can do this through using our trash cans to the best of our abilities. If we do not see any trash cans around, we have to hold onto the trash until we can get rid of it wisely. Another way we can help our oceans is by helping to pick up trash around them. There are many organizations that are focused around helping to clean the ocean and pick up as much trash as possible in a day. One of these organizations is The Ocean Cleanup. This organization is a non-profit that has the main goal of cleaning up to 90% of the oceans floating plastic pollution.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer