Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Big Contributors to My Carbon Footprint (Ja

jawiBOD

When I was calculating my carbon footprint, I was feeling pretty good about my averages considering they were around or below normal for each section. However, once I reached transportation, I was very surprised. I used to walk to school and now I take the bus so I thought it would be pretty low. But instead, transportation accounted for more than 50% of my carbon footprint. The reason is airplanes. Normally, I fly international at least once a year which I always knew was kinda bad for the environment, but I never had an idea of how bad. CO2 emissions from airplanes, specifically planes similar to Boeings, are about 90kg CO2 per passenger per hour (Carbon Independent, 2023). In the future, I will consider ways to reduce how much I fly because of its severe impact on the environment.

Carbon independent. (April 9, 2023). Aviation emissions. https://www.carbonindependent.org/22.ht … per%20hour.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer