Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Clean Development

The Millenium Development Goals, agreed to by every member country of the United Nations in 2000, call for the worldwide eradication of poverty and hunger, universal education, gender equality and huge improvements in health by 2015: two years ago!!

Can we do this without making the planet warmer?

Let's think big and imagine how we can confront the climate crisis in a way that is realistic about the other major problems that we face as a planet and as a species on it.

Clean Development >

How We Can Suppourt The Enviroment And Eachother

olaraBOD

For centuries we have been blessed to be part of a planet that does so much for us, yet we don't do enough for it. An example of this is air pollution. Do you know that 91 percent of the earth's population is breathing in polluted air? In the year 2017,air pollution contributed to 5 million deaths globally. A lot of pollution is a result of the gas emissions from factories. The way to reduce this problem significantly is using less factory made products.  Other ways are making home made items instead of store bought ones, or using less plastic. Another example is littering. Littering is a result of us humans leaving our trash around which ultimately affects marine life. Littering can largely be avoided if we are responsible for our own trash. This means being accountable for the garbage that you have by throwing it away.A lot of the plastic that we used ends up being dumped into the ocean and kills marine animals.A huge way to limit our plastic usage is using metal water bottles as opposed to minimal use plastic ones. My final example is wastage of water in our environment.Did you know that we waste 1.7 gallons of water annually.We can preserve about 10 gallons of water a day if we can just turn off the faucet.2/3 of the water we use comes from showers,so we should all make an effort to limit our time in there.In this earth we have to take care of eachother and put our own needs and desires aside.We all can make efforts to reduce our carbon footprint and make the world a better place.

Sources:
https://earth.org/10-facts-about-air-pollution/
         https://kidadl.com/facts/littering-fact … tonish-you

https://homemindful.com/water-wastage-statistics/

Mystery7298

I think I can speak for every one when I say that I want to make the world a better place. Now, don’t get me wrong when I say that. I am aware that some actually don’t want the world to be a better place; however, most of the people do actually want to make the world a better place. They are either just to lazy to or are unable to do anything about it.

I did not know that 91% of Earth’s population breathe polluted air. And 5 million deaths because of it? This is ridiculous! If the situation is this out of hand, are we even going to be able to fix it? Although using factory made products is a solution, maybe there are better alternatives. What if we convert the gas powered factories into electricity powered factories? Would that even be possible? If we are able to figure out how to make cars be powered with electricity, is it so implausible to do the same with factories? Burning fossil fuels is the issue here; factories using those fossil fuels is just something that happened.

About the littering; how exactly could we resolve that? I guess we could put out trash cans everywhere and hope that people throw their garbage into them, but that isn’t foolproof. People could still miss or deliberately throw them on the ground.

The water consumption is something much easier to fix, in my opinion. We just need to use less water. Take shorter showers. Turn off the water when brushing our teeth. Why are we leaving the water running when it isn’t necessary? What are you doing in the bathroom for so long that your taking such long showers?

As you said; we need to put our wants and desires down and put our needs first. We must make the world a better place while we still can…before it’s too late.

rcmq

Supporting each other through proper housing to live in, and fresh supplies of food is important. However, doing all this can also negatively impact our environment in various ways. When more and more housing and buildings are constructed, this means more natural habitats of animals and forests will be torn down to expand our cities and towns. Many more roads and highways will have to be built as our cities expand farther away from many central parts causing cars to travel a much farther distance. For fresh food supplies that aren't grown locally to be transported from all around the world will increase the amount of greenhouse gasses being released from transportation boats, trucks, and lorries; not to mention the extra amount of refrigeration that needs to be used for the long distances. To reduce this, it's better to purchase locally-grown products as much as possible. Try taking public transit to get around more than cars, especially when the distance isn't too far.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer