Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My Carbon Footprint

kabuBOD

kabuBOD

my carbon footprint was above the average carbon footprint by about 1,000 kgs. from my footprint data, i noticed that my home and transportation contributed the most to my footprint, with dining coming in right behind the two. in a study done by harvard students in 2014, the students devised that the activities that contribute the most to  students'carbon footprint were dining, showering and electricity (the study was done on college students living on campus who don't need transportation so I'm ruling out that data from the comparison). this analysis was similar to mine because my home electricity and dining also contributed a lot to my footprint. these similarities between my footprint and other harvard students' footprints was the most surprising to me.

article: https://scholar.harvard.edu/files/xiwan … n_2015.pdf

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer