Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Transportation

albuBOD

In order to cut down my carbon footprint, I can zone in more closely on the forms of transportation that I use. I can start by taking a car that has a lower carbon footprint, and emits less greenhouse gasses into the environment. I can also start taking more public transportation, and carpooling with people when the option is available. According to the study conducted by UCLA, taking public transportation reduces CO2 emissions by 45%, which betters air quality and pollutants in the environment.

https://transportation.ucla.edu/blog/5- … %20quality.

MaLeBOD

I agree with this because I believe that as more an more people start to drive it would be better for are community that more people  start to take  public transportation and for people to carpool with each other when the opportunity is there. Everyday in the Bay area there are about 900,000 -  1,200,000 people drive there cars to work everyday. if we can start to shrink that number and get more people to start to take public transportation than are carbon footprint number can start to go down.

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer