Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My Footprint ampeBOD

ampeBOD

In comparison to most of my classmates, my carbon footprint was pretty high. My at-home carbon footprint is one of the very lowest, this is because we have just built my home and my parents made its extremely sustainable. One reason is the fact that our house is heated with geothermal heating. According to Microsoft, "Today, geothermal energy is considered one of the most efficient and sustainable types of energy because it’s a clean, reliable, and renewable resource." I think the reason my carbon footprint is so high is because I miscalculated the transportation section, I have 10536 just in transportation alone and i take the bus instead of driving to school everyday. One thing I can do to lower my carbon footprint is to buy less new clothes that need to be shipped and to go thrift shopping more.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/sustain … businesses.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer