Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Carbon Footprints

isgaBOD

My carbon footprint was much lower than the rest of my classmates, which was somewhat surprising. It was lower than the average and much lower than some of the other people. This is because, while I drive places, I use and electric car rather than one that uses gas. I also bike and walk places, and I haven't really flown anywhere. Another thing I do that helps the footprint stay low is that I don't use my phone outside, leading me to not use so many gigabytes of data. I also don't really buy new clothes and things that often, which leads to indirect emission of carbon due to manufacturing. We also practically never run our AC, leading us to use less gas and therefore add less carbon into the air. If I could do anything to make the footprint even lower, it would probably be taking even shorter showers. Also I could share more items with the people around me. A thing that kind of surprised me just how much carbon people use for home appliances. In general, it is a significant chunk of peoples carbon footprints.
Link to things to do for your carbon footprint, and what adds and subtracts to your footprint.
https://www.sciencejournalforkids.org/w … rticle.pdf

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer