Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My Carbon Footprint

majoBOD

My Carbon footprint is 15,093 kg per year. Comparing this to other people, I am above average. The average carbon footprint of people near me, Oakland, is 9727. Also, according to an article I read, most people's carbon footprints come from their transportation. On the other hand, my carbon footprint mostly comes from my house, with transportation coming in at a close second. From this information, I can tell that I use transportation less and am within walking distance of most of the places I go to. This also tells me that my house produces a lot of carbon. A lot of the carbon comes from the heater in my house since it uses gas and fuel. In conclusion, a way I can reduce my carbon footprint Is to use my heater less.
https://www.sciencejournalforkids.org/w … rticle.pdf

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer