Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My Carbon Footprint

huboBOD

My carbon footprint is 9,370 kgs of CO2 per year, just below the average California citizen's (9,727 kgs). My categories were home (4,577 kgs), food (4,135 kgs), purchases (264 kgs), and transportation (394 kgs). According to an article I read, in Europe food is 25%, housing is 22%, and food is 18%. In the article, it says that most of the people's carbon footprint is from transportation, contributing 25%. While mine is only my third contributor at 394 kgs. The highest contributor for me is my home, coming in at 4,577 kgs. The reason why I think my housing is the highest is because in Europe many people walk and take public transportation. I also live in a cold area, using more of my appliances at home.

(https://www.sciencejournalforkids.org/w … rticle.pdf)

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer