Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My carbon footprint

MHBOD

My carbon footprint is 9,044 kgs per year with my home footprint taking up 5,059 kgs of my total. Others in my class had a median carbon footprint of around 12,000 kgs per year, and the majority of that carbon footprint was either taken up in the traveling section or the home section. What surprised me was that our home appliances generate mass amounts of greenhouse gasses over time, because we are using them constantly, but I did not realize that they produce the amount of harmful substances that they do. For example, Jayla created 17,074 kgs of carbon emission from her home appliances which is just over ⅔ of her total carbon footprint . Since this is a main part of everyone's carbon footprint and something many people share in common, we can act against and stop mass carbon emission by investing in solar panels and clean energy acts. According to SuntuitySolar, I can reduce my home carbon footprint by 100% if my home becomes 100% solar powered, creating 0 greenhouse gasses over the solar panels lifetime.

MHBOD

My sources:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ … 1489862817
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q … D8sh2V9R48

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer