Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Biology

leonovak

I think this project is an awesome way to show students how much their everyday lives impacts environment. It definetly made me think about my carbon footprint because I thought it was much lower and it honestly suprised me how much the food we eat impacts the planet. After this project I look forward to being more mindful about my carbon footprint and and break bad habits to save the planet.

MelissaH-sjrstate

Me too, I really enjoyed doing this in my class, and I definitely feel more conscious about my actions that contribute to either hurting or helping the environment.

Voice1145

Voice1145-SJRState

I completely agree; I arrived at the same conclusion. Personally, I've discovered how to create a new path to diminish my ecological impact, though I had a minor revelation during this journey.

The reduction in my carbon footprint can be attributed to my ability to make environmentally conscious choices, facilitated by my financial stability. I have adequate finances to invest in a sustainable and eco-friendly environment. However, it's essential to highlight that my housing and energy usage significantly affect my overall carbon footprint. This shows me that individuals with more significant financial resources have the advantage of embracing eco-friendly options in various facets of their lives. Those facing financial constraints may encounter challenges in prioritizing environmental considerations. This worries me when policies are not directed to address this.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer