Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Biology

Tea.

Small things and habits that we don't even notice significantly affect the release of carbon into the atmosphere. Things like leaving lights on while not being in the room, leaving water running while brushing your teeth although you don't use it. I try using public transport as much as I can, but sometimes busses just don't go to some places. If more people change little habits, and started using public transport, carbon emissions would be significantly reduced.

aidenkt

I'm in an environmental science class and it's made me more aware of the little things I can do that require barely any effort like what you said, turning off lights and leaving water on, but also not leaving things charging, turning off other appliances like fans, and my PC.

I also used to not flush every time I peed but my mom said it was gross so I stopped lol

alyt

I agree that if we all take the effort to make small changes to conserve energy, we will be able to see changes in our carbon footprints and in our environmental impact overall. I am now more mindful of different habits that I can change that will help reduce my carbon footprint.

Louisa Schwarm

I think that showing people the difference it makes in your carbon footprint when you change small habits would encourage more individuals to become more climate friendly. This could be achieved through posters in public areas that would attract the attention of individuals passing by. Once people see how leaving the lights on for just 10 minutes when it is not necessary can affect their carbon footprints, I believe it is likely that they will feel guilty and change their habits. It is a bit of a mean way to go about it but if it brings about the necessary changes from everybody, it is worth it.

4 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer