Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Sustainable City

Here's your chance not just to be the mayor, but the original city planner as well! Imagine a medium sized city that would be developed with modern, low carbon transportation in mind, and other strategies to reduce the average citizens' carbon footprints.

What would that city look like? Would that make you more likely to want to live there?

Sustainable City >

Transport in a sustainable city

Zarketina

My family use bicycles for the most part for transport. To get to school and back, I walk an hour everyday. Transport in a sustainable city should be public, like electric trams and trains and most people should walk or ride bikes.

Nay@ML

I agree but It is not that simple. Biking and walking take much longer than other modes of transportation and public transportation is not always the best option for people. Public transportation cannot take you anywhere there would need to be large amount of it to be able to provide easy access in every area, and that would be costly and less effective, since less people would be using each shuttle/bus. For some people cars are a better option, still it is important to reduce the amount of cars being used as much as possible

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer