Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Student Footprints

chkeBOD

My overall carbon footprint was (11,313) Kgs per year. The section of "home" was 7,713 Kgs per year, the section of "Food" was 2,842 Kgs per year, the section of "Purchases" was 202 Kgs per year, and the section of "Transportation" was 554 Kgs per year. The average carbon footprint per person in CA is 9,727 Kgs per year which really surprised me. Lots of the questions I filled out on the advanced calculator I was unsure of what to say, which definitely took a toll on my score. It either increased it tremendously or did not affect it all. At my table group, Jakes carbon footprint was 9200 Kgs per year and Cocos was 8200 Kgs per year which are both extremely lower than mine. Lucas was 12135 Kgs per year which is around mine. I compared my carbon footprint as a Californian to the average carbon footprint of someone living in Africa, and their carbon footprint wan an average of 8000 Kgs per year. That is around 1,727 Kgs less than the average Californian, and 4,313 Kgs less than my carbon footprint. People living in different areas have different life styles and ways of going about their day because of the resources in their areas, which definitely affects their carbon footprint.
WEBSITE: https://www.wilsoncenter.org/article/ba … ght-africa

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer