Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My Footprint

ensoBOD

After doing the calculation for my footprint (14,190 kgs) I realized just how bad and high it is compared to the average (9,727 kgs). My house and purchasing footprint is very good compared to my traveling and food footprint that is responsible for it. Being an athlete, after workouts, practices and games I get very hungry so the thing I love to do and can barely resist is eating some junk food or red meats that aren't exactly good for the environment. Also being exposed to lots of hispanic meals that are made with lots of red meats that definitely effect my carbon footprint. So because of this issue I want to cut down on the amount of red meat and amount of junk food not only for my carbon footprint but also my general health. I can do this by eating more foods like turkey and even vegan/vegetarian meals. To cut down on how much my food is affecting my footprint. Also traveling, I do a lot of traveling for baseball and its very hard to cut down on that especially since its a lot easier then other methods of travel. Sometime when traveling, depending on how far I can car pool or use a train. I can also continue to walk to school or places somewhat near me to continue helping.

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer