Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused?

The ISCFC is all about reducing our individual and collective contributions to climate change.

But is climate change really happening? Is it mostly caused by human activity, including our production of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases?

In the United States and elsewhere, there are people who are not convinced by the science. But the great thing about science is that we use evidence to evaluate scientific questions. So what is the evidence related to climate change?

Are you or are you not convinced by the majority of climate scientists who say that climate change is real and largely human caused? Why are you convinced/not convinced? What evidence might change your mind one way or the other?

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused? >

Is Climate Change Real & Human-Caused

nomoBOD

Climate change has been extremely affected by human activity. Industrial activities such as burning coal have raised carbon dioxide levels in our atmosphere. According to scienceexchange.caltech.edu, "... there's a more than 95 percent probability that human activities over the past 50 years have warmed our planet." This shows that climate change is real and humans are a huge cause of it.

JAHOBOD

Not only is climate change real, but humans are the direct cause of it. There is not debate on climate change existence or humanities affect but where confusion often comes in is that climate change as its root is a natural occurrence. Animals in their existence release greenhouse gases and overtime the climate gradually shifts (Example the ice age). However, due to human activity, the rates and speed that the earths atmosphere shifting is much greater then ever seen before. This drastic change is causing abnormal occurrences and is breaking the natural cycle. Climate Change is real, and humans are making it substantially worse. https://www.epa.gov/climatechange-scien … ate-change

mysmBOD

I 100% agree. Animals produce greenhouse gasses on their own, but the rate at which humans kill and abuse these animals heightens the release of greenhouse gases. Cows for example release large amounts of methane in their manure and through forms of gas called enteric emissions. There are over 90 million cows in the U.S. and a total of 1 billion worldwide - you can only imagine how that adds up. Humans are also responsible for climate change when it comes to their carbon footprint. I take ownership for the ways I contribute as well because when using the carbon footprint calculator my footprint was substantially higher than the average American. I had a footprint of 16,871 kgs where as the average person has a footprint of 9,727 kgs. The biggest contributor to my footprint is the home category. In the summer I tend to sleep with a fan on and in the winter a heater. Heat forms like furnaces burn fossil fuels or space heaters use electricity that is generated from a mix of fossil fuels, same with cooling systems. The small things that you use in your everyday life are contributing to the over-production of heat trapping fossil fuels which is contributing to over-heating and climate change. Human activity has an extreme impact in the state of our climate and climate change is definitely a human caused issue.

Info used:
https://climate.mit.edu/explainers/heat … 0pollution.

https://www.edf.org/article/farmers-see … ow%20burps.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer