Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Student Carbon Footprint

angoBOD

I calculated my carbon footprint and was surprised to see that my Home and Food sections were higher than the average and my Purchases section was significantly lower. The home and food average is around 3,800 and 7,300 respectively, while the purchases is 1,200, many students in my class had similar results to my turnout. We were all especially surprised to see the low purchase footprint we produced. However, I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to help fix my large amount of home and food footprints. According to One Tree Planted, there a few small things you can do to help bring the levels down, including reducing your dairy and milk levels, eating more vegetables, do things like getting warmer blankets and other forms of insulation to avoid artificial home heating systems and investing in more reusable things to avoid or reduce waste and disposables. You can do all of these things to help reduce your carbon footprint if you feel like you need it, they are especially helpful seeing as if they are things easily achievable if this is your goal.

https://onetreeplanted.org/blogs/storie … nt-college

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer