Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

How does my footprint effect the environment?

juboBOD

My carbon footprint surprised me. It was pretty kind of low compared to the average person in my location. My carbon footprint was 21,539 kgs. The average household's carbon footprint in Oakland is 36.84 tonnes. Mine is 21.539 tonnes. That is a really bad carbon footprint. Most of it comes from things that have to do with Traveling that are not in my control because I'm not an adult, and I can't drive either. Some of it might not be exactly accurate, so my carbon footprint might not be accurate, but its around that. Something that surprised me is that my household carbon footprint was less than my food footprint. My food footprint was 5,877 kgs while my home footprint was 3,116 kgs. Taking all this info into consideration, there are many things I can do now to improve my lifestyle and my carbon footprint. Some of the ways that I can improve my carbon footprint is by travelling less. One thing I can do to improve my carbon footprint is take more public transportation. This would help because there's many people that take it that could be driving but are instead taking transits, buses, rental bikes, etc. I could also carpool which would save gas, and even emissions. Another thing I could do to lower my carbon footprint is to eat more vegetables. That would lower meat intake which would help the environment by reducing pressure on forests and other things of that nature. A last and final thing I could do to lower my footprint is to shut off some of the appliances that are around me that use lots of electricity even when not being used. These take up a lot of energy and are one of the reasons electric bills are so high.

https://www.ci.emeryville.ca.us/1178/Ca … 3A%2038.22

1 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer