Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Carbon Footprint

krossi

I was very surprised with the results I got on what my carbon footprint is compared to the statistics. I thought that it would be pretty average, but it was above average. This definitely will help me reflect on the effect I have, and I can now look into what I need to change about my habits that could positively affect my carbon footprint. I definitely want to strive to do better.

Xavier15

I was very surprised with my results too. This tool is very useful and I think everyone should use this to see results. Mine was above average, it definitely helped me see what I should be doing and what I should let go. The highest category on my carbon footprint was the Transportation category. I love to travel but now I see how this is effecting the environment. I should start using other Transportation tools like walking and biking or even just not using a car that much. The carbon footprint could really change the earths environment if everyone in the world would take it.

Xavier15

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?
Yes I see differences, its high in America and most of Europe and pretty low in any other countries. I think these differences occur because every country is ran different and some countries might not have what other countries have. For example like Advanced  Technology and advanced Transportation. Some changes that I would make is on the transportation category I would maybe start using a bike for going to closer places or even walk. Yes this carbon footprint really showed me what I could do to reduce my footprint in my everyday life. It could help the environment a lot.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer