Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

Long Haul Flights on Carbon Footprint

lilg26

One of the main causes of my carbon foorprint, which was unusually high, was my long-haul flight to Switzerland. The rest of my carbon categories were lower than normal. I think the main way I could try to improve this would just to be to fly less, or if I go someplace, try to stay there for longer to make the trip more worth it, and so I take less flights in the long run.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Cerise

This is what happened to me as well, but I can't really control where I get to go, and how long I'm staying.

Sydney22

Mine was similar. My long-haul flights to France from Seattle, as well as multiple shorter flights throughout the year, caused my transportation carbon levels to be significantly higher than usual. As someone whose family loves to travel and travels frequently, I don't think I am currently able to reduce my number of flights. However, once I arrive in my destination, I can do everything I can to try to reduce my carbon emissions while I travel, and attempt to try to make up for the carbon emissions of the flights.

3 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer