Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Wants or Needs?

Is having the latest technology a want or a need?

How often do you get a new cel phone or mp3 player? Did you really need a new model? Do you consider the environmental impact of these purchases? If you are addicted, how can you break your addiction?

Wants or Needs? >

wants or needs? -cars

chelseap

climate change is caused by many global issues, but humans are the main problem as we do not appreciate the earth when we use items that harm it. even though these materials are more convenient, they are destroying the earth as we continue to live today. One example is cars. cars use fossil fuels to operate, and these gases rise into the air and pollute the atmosphere. although cars are one of the best options to get around places, there are other ways of transportation that do not harm the earth, such as walking, biking, electric vehicles or even public transportation and carpooling so more people can get around using less gas. A car is a want because there are other options that people can use to transport. https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 … 713722001/ and https://www.unep.org/news-and-stories/s … ate-change

sr29

Cars can be a tricky topic. They have been very beneficial for transportation, but as it was said above, they use a lot of fossil fuels that pollute the Earth. One exception is electric cars. Electric cars are not harming the atmosphere through fossil fuels and are not using gas. The topic of cars can be difficult to convince people cause most don't want to resort to more harmless options like biking, public transit, and the costs of electric vehicles. I think a change that society can make regarding this is reducing prices of electric vehicles. This will encourage more people to buy electric if prices are similar to gas vehicles. Cars are very convenient for people and if we can convince more people to go electric, it can reduce our pollution into the atmosphere. Although cars are a problem, I believe they're a need.

G.bilg

I think that we need some type of transportation but cars aren’t really necessary, as long as we have busses or some type of transportation that can save some CO2 we will be good, a lot of the places that we go to aren’t walking distance, like work. Not everyone is going to the same place or on the same route so if your work is really far, you would have to wake up earlier than usual unlike if you took a car.

manster

in my opinion cars were needs about 20 years ago but wants now. As they where needed to get around and travel but now that there are so many alternate ways of travelling such as taking the bus and transit there isn't so much demand for cars, Especially gas powered cars which have kind of been out phased due to electric cars. I understand the fact that electric cars cost a lot of money and some people might not have a place to charge them but if we are trying to make a difference on this planet walking or biking  makes a big difference.

Kosta

I feel that cars are both wants and needs. For some people cars are a necessity, as in driving for work delivering certain items where public transportation wont be possible, driving long distances, and people that have certain schedules. On the other hand, cars can be a want for some people who like showing off their cars, and for those who drive for their own and other’s pleasure.

5 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer