Enter your username and password below

Not registered yet?   Forgotten your password?

Student Footprints

Students from around the world calculated their class mean and standard deviations for their footprints and posted them on our world map.

Do you see differences across the globe? If so, why do you think those differences exist?

Did you use the calculator to try to reduce your footprint down to the average from a citizen of another country? What changes would you have to make to lower your footprint in this way? Are you going to try and take some of these actions in your daily life?

Student Footprints >

My Footprint

1mfspinosa

My carbon footprint was a little less than the average for Washington. My home section was more than the average though. I think that the reason it was more because the gas that is used to heat my house contributed to a lot of the kilograms of carbon. There are many solutions to this such as using less heat but still staying warm by using warm blankets and wearing warmer clothes.

Calla D

I had a similar experience with my carbon footprint. While most of my other sections fell below average in Washington my gas powered heater an water heater put my house above average. I agree with you when thinking about not using these heat sources as much. I also think it's important to think about alternatives ways of heating. Personally my furnace is getting old and I think that My family should get a heat pump soon because they are better for the environment than gas heaters!

2 posts
You must be logged in in order to post.

Board footer